Friday, December 14, 2018

Days 77 and 78

I am concentrating on the Strike Out erasures, finished several yesterday and today. I tried working on the Highlander, but I am not in the right space.


Because we are in the age of support our vets and everyone wants to hear the story of descendants understanding and accepting their veteran parents, where is the room for the complexity that one can still be wounded, that the war never ended over here, that veterans are still needing to work through their own mental health needs and it trumps their children's voices.



I know each of us is responsible for our own mental health,  that we can't lay blame on anyone for not seeking our own health, so the project is a way for me to find that work for recovery, for being productive,  and for criticism against unethical war, America where it needs to be blamed, to own the grave mistakes. Just as Germany has done, we need to own it. Where our parents won't own it, we will.



That is what this project is for me. These aren't my words I am saying.  I can be disassociated and heal from it.



To get me through this time when he is being his cutoff self.

No comments:

Post a Comment