Wednesday, January 31, 2024

This week so far

I had the first ctel event for trauma-informed pedagogies, and I really like it as it gives me a chance to explore how people might feel coming into the group. For example, the questions of where did this come from? How fresh is this?

I even came up with the aha moment, what if we allowed students to have exams or quizzes with an earbud in their ears? It came from when I surveyed my class asking how many study listening to music and everyone raised their hand.

I'm going to do some research about music and memory, as well as less anxiety which makes sense. Also state-based memory something Jericho shared with me.

That chewing gum or eating peppermint that you remember things better?

Also, the policy of content warning, that Jericho writing about her character putting a bike together came up with the realization that her father did that for a little time. Instead of the disengagement of something that would be traumatic, that there are coping mechanisms for someone to be able to do something as we all have our triggers and different things that could do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment