Thursday, August 2, 2018

Why Poetry Matters (To First Genreation Students)






To always show content from this sender, click here.
You replied on 8/14/2018 3:28 PM.


I am so happy to hear that my blog post was helpful for your Upward Bound course. Poetry can be such a struggle for students, but Transparent Assignment Design really helps them understand its importance.  I discovered Transparent Assignment Design through a workshop offered at Duquesne by our Center for Teaching Excellence; I am lucky to have such a great resource, and I am going to share your email with the director of the Center so that she can see the effects it has. I've also included a link to the TILT site at UNLV, which has a great deal of useful information and materials about Transparent Assignment Design:  https://www.unlv.edu/provost/transparency/tilt-higher-ed-examples-and-resources

Thanks again!

Rebecca Cepek, PhD
Visiting Assistant Professor
Department of English
Duquesne University


No comments:

Post a Comment