Monday, October 15, 2018

Day 40 with a look at Day 41


And so the idea of trying to find a Letterpress led me into thinking about how I could successfully get my poems on a nice looking paper. I want even as far as thinking about buying letters from Letterpress and using a mallet to hit them on a piece of paper, then using a pencil to rub over it gently so one could read the words. I'm not sure how that would look, but I've always loved the idea of rubbings and etchings. Getting those fall leaves on a piece of paper and it's very Elementary, very easy that children are asked to do it in school, but aren't they beautiful anyway? One can see the design of a leaf in a different way? Maybe that's why I was thinking of the etchings and terms of what the Gage Park has in all of the different bronze dedications around the park. They are all over the place and each one could be a source of doing some emission poetry and then using the nice piece of paper and some kind of pencil over it might be to be a larger pencil need to look into that. However, a lot of the Poetry making would be done inside using photos I take ahead of time. This will be my project for tomorrow is to take pictures around the park before meeting with Barbara at blackbird. Today, I'm on the road headed for Junction City for a talk over Fried Green Tomatoes. Carrie and I watch the film over the weekend and it is nothing like the book well I can't say that but it's selective. The interesting thing is that they did not want the movie 2 have the lesbian relationship the lesbian love between the two characters. That is enigmatic to me but probably with a success of beaches and all those other times as other films around that time that Hollywood needed their movies to be a certain way. Anyway, I'm thinking of using that film as a catalyst to writing, and I'm also going to look at a lot of the other things I have currently that need to be edited. Vanessa also did me a world of good for giving me feedback on my letter for senior lecturer so I will be looking at those comments too.
I was taking so many notes about how many poets use scenes from movies and there has to be some interesting connection. I am just hitting the jackpot with irony, finding the books I need at the right time like the ekphrastic books I was happening to carry around. Kevin just wrote ekphrastic poetry at Johnson County Community College recently, so I wonder if I should go that way sometime either with the pain project or with my son's project. Right now, I already have a lot to choose from.
One of the books I checked out was about the history of Gage Park so I wonder if I can find online an archaic source about parks—to examine racism, sexism, etc.

I am sending out Strike Out things, hoping to get a catch from the Pentatgon Papers omissions. If I get a few published, it will feel like a better use of time when I get back to it in the spring. 

I am having the joy of writing an Our 1990's Fried Green Tomatoes poem, having an hour to examine Bianca Stone's "Blue Jays" to figure out how she pulls of the mother-based poem. p 54 of The Mobius Strip Club of Grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment