Monday, October 22, 2018

Day 47

We closed on our new house today! Then it was off to Lawrence to see if I could get Neil Gaiman tickets which I recommend if there is any kind of event like that to go extra early. It looked impossible to get tickets by the time I got there a little after 11 am. So it was off 2 North Wichita where I'm staying at a Days Inn for cheap while I'm giving book discussions tonight and tomorrow night and Newton and Hutchinson respectively. I managed to get a few poems written along the way just a few small scraps. After I refresh I'm going to Mojo's in Newton to do a little more writing. After my book discussion I'm going to go see the film Halloween and then write about seeing it.

I received a lead on a possibility for the third element for the show Barbara and I are putting together. In discussing The House on Mango Street someone mentioned scrawing. I had never heard of it, but will look into it as a poetic mysticism approach.

I also am playing with: if you take a rat to the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment