Friday, November 16, 2018

Day 64

It's day two of the mmla conference and I'm having breakfast at the Roasterie Cafe at H&R Block. I'm drinking the holiday blend and it's wonderful. I'm also reflecting on how writing is a type of divining and scrying of one's mind. Sure as someone's beginning poetry writing their often prompts or trying different parts of the tools, but there's something to be said about allowing the freedom to explore someone's emotions or the difficulties when is facing at the time. I know I've said before that poetry is a way to explore a problem or a bear barrier that one can't find an answer but it's in the representation that something is found. Poetry itself creates the meaning of the moment. I'm realizing there's a lot on my mind about feminist issues at the moment so I'm writing about that.

It's almost lunch time and Kevin and I are riding in the lobby at the hotel. I'm realizing that a lot of my writing is taking on defensive Ness, being at defense about myself or for others. I'm guessing that it's my psyche being triggered because of the panels of someone I know here.

I wrote poems based on what I heard at Jericho's panel and at Vanessa's panel. I also wrote tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment