Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Day 69

Today was another day for epiphanies. After feeling so rotten about my writing and feeling like it wasn't going anywhere, I had a good break through. I think this is good to know for the psychology of Poetics course as well as beginning poetry writing. Maybe any poetry writing? We're just going to feel bad about our work. Jericho's one of the people I met today and she said what a relief it was to hear that I could be working on a project for 4 years and just getting to where I was feeling I could get things published. I'm referring to strike out. Also I met with Denise and she's moving to California which is great. However, she wasn't really happy with the recent reception for her latest book. On the other hand, she's sold 1000 copies of her memoir. So these are all good things to include.

So with the Dilemma and poetry writing I do one of my favorite things which is go to the Topeka Shawnee County Public Library and go to their new poetry section and just start perusing books. They have someone there who knows how to order just the best of what's coming out. I was amazed that they even had Julia cars new one that I thought I would need to buy and I did but that they had it. When I was looking through the books it dawned on me looking at Lake Michigan by Daniel borzutzky that I could do the very same thing with my Gage Park Book. It looks like a palm he has is based on a photo. That very poor my turn to and I thought of Gage Park photo of the person who was digging out a trench. Now in this photo it happened to be a black man in the hole digging and a white man supervising. This was a very telling photo to me and about the class and race intertwined and what it means. This is similar to what Barbara and I discussed that we had the privilege to just have time to go to the park to write. It's very intertwined with class race gender. So getting back to the poem from Lake Michigan it is on page 52 Lake Michigan seen 11 this is wonderful to see how I will finish this sabbatical out. This will be the process of deciding what goes into the past the present or the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment