Tuesday, September 3, 2024

A Space for Reporting My Writing Progress

 I tried planning my latest work as a list of things in Google Docs. It was things I've completed and things I'm working on. However that didn't work well. I need to know then I am indeed working on something, and plan for that work to happen every week. I see that the semester start is showing where I won't have time to work on private things unless I really make it so, private things meaning the book which also gives me the academic status. But I want to write the book! So it has to become part of my academic workload.


What I really mean is I can come to this blog and see what I'm doing. I'll just need to remember to post every time I work on something but that won't be too much of a problem. I did this during a lot of my other writing times, as well as the Grant I had for research.


With a set, today I'm working on that night large I say that I hope to get published in the Journal of religion and film. It's about the need or desire to look for cultural hero tricksters and how they are portrayed in film. I just thought of that house screenwriters use mythology and Mythic structures as well as how they are just brought up in the natural writing process. Are we each hard-wired to desire this trickster person who is in the liminal and will fight for those who can't

 I started At the Movies with a poet in my google docs

 

I will need to watch:

FastFood Naiton

Paterson

 

 

what I've learned today:

I read through what the articles look like on journal of religion and film

I might need to work on the longer piece with the memoir, but cut the memoir before I send off?

Keep both versions, use the original and cite this appeared in a different format

I will need to be somewhere with my books to get the writing done

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment