Sunday, September 29, 2024

End of September 2024

 I love that we had Autumn weather on the first day of autumn, but this really shows me to how September becomes a blur toward the end. There was just so much work.

I guess this is the argument for why sabbatical should just be given. We are going to use the time to develop our scholarly work in a way that we couldn't win we are teaching classes.

It would be hard to explain to someone who's a blue collar worker why this work can be exhausting. I know because I come from a family of blue collar workers. Their work was equally exhausting, in the study teaching life doesn't seem like it would be the same kind of work. It isn't!

It really is the anxieties and stresses of trying to avoid burnout, as well as how taxing it might be if a student plays Rises or continues to disrupt class, that we have to put extra energy and our minds are filled with those kind of things instead of just being able to cut off from the school and enjoy some time at home.

And what I mean by enjoy time at home, be able to do the things necessary at home too!

Okay I'm going to stop this and just say I finished another essay about the Matrix that I should polish. I like how these different things about the Matrix are turning out.

Wystan is getting into Queen's soundtrack to Highlander, so we will watch that soon, speeding forward through the sex scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment