Sunday, September 16, 2018

Day 21

Writing an ekphrastic poem on A Sunday Afternoon at the Park? Nope. The name even is disputable:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Sunday_Afternoon_on_the_Island_of_La_Grande_Jatte
http://www.artic.edu/aic/collections/artwork/27992
http://mentalfloss.com/article/63510/15-things-you-might-not-know-about-sunday-la-grande-jatte-1884
http://www.dailyartmagazine.com/sunday-la-grande-jatte-georges-seurat/


I'm realizing that memory you become such a big part of my work because there was so much my life where it was difficult to even think of memory to approach the past or even to hold memories in to remember things I sometimes still have difficulties on bad days what I call bad days where my mental health isn't and check and to remember even names or things and I'm sure many people feel this way too so maybe my work is a way to connect with others through this idea of memory

Another thing again that I see that Documentary Poetics has shown me is the past is still relevant when you've connected to the context of the present without calling it the past and our lives are this way and especially having children where time just seems to go by so fast yes these are all cliches but this is something we can use for our art and in my poetry I see this coming with the even sitting down to write about the painting Sunday afternoon in the Park which is actually a person painting with a different name that I had seen in Chicago a long time ago with my mothers so everything about the painting is not just the painting itself but all of the contacts historical personal familial about it the style of the painting with the painting was trying to do the zone contexts of interpretations and then what am I trying to discover in my writing process about what the painting has to show me

Ultimately I'm realizing that the theme of the park is going to become many of the poems. Also the ekphrastic books I'm carrying will help guide me to my own poems

No comments:

Post a Comment