Monday, September 3, 2018

Day 12

We had a wonderful anniversary spent in Kansas City. We got to go to the drive-in at night with the boys and we saw Christopher Robin before everyone was tired and we drove home while everyone was sleeping.

Today is Labor Day, and I'm working on Gage Park poems. I have to now so I'm going to look at those and revise while I'm thinking of Leslie scalapino and her idea of the future and writing while scanning a dictionary. She is using a process of Alexia not as mental disorder but word blindness a trance-like screen stream overriding meaning choice and inhibition.

I may do that with the thesaurus for one more Pond poem today.

I am meeting with Jericho at blackbird at 11 a.m. to pass over the books her students will scan for PDFs for our psychology of Poetics class. I also want to design Flyers as well as plan or wrap up for the syllabus.

This afternoon, editing poems, designing flyers.

1 surprising thing about returning to the pond as a ritual is that how existential my writing is and maybe that what we think of as purposeful existential thought is actually natural thought if we are trying to line ourselves with something natural. I'm going to the pond and feeling it as real as I'm doubting if I am creating or imagining it. Maybe the ritual itself tells me that each time is new and there are two emerging themes , layers and time fullness I don't want to say timeless I want to say that yes there is no present or future or even passed but things are full of that.


It's interesting going through these books for the psychology of Poetics class looking at all of the case-by-case and written words of how to use writing to heal oneself and that how it took me a time to do this on my own knowing instinctively this would work not knowing that there were tools out there to find books to find this was very pre-internet so how could one know that someone was writing about this very thing
 

No comments:

Post a Comment