Monday, June 12, 2023

Day 14

 We went into Estes Park today in the morning, ate at a Nepal restaurant, went to a bookstore where I bought a book. No surprise there! Then we went into Rocky Mountain National Park in the afternoon. The three younger boys became Junior rangers.

Do you leave trash on the grounds? No.

Do you pick wild flowers? No. Why? Because they are living things.

Do you feed any of the animals in the park? No. Why? Because then they will like human food and go after humans to get more food.

I'm reflecting a lot about that Leadville experience, how again being an immersion can reveal things that you wouldn't otherwise think about. Being in that space and opened a possibility. It's like the minor spoke through me, that somehow I was overwhelmed by great compassion with sympathy that I had to embody a voice to write about that experience in a positive way. And while riding the poem certain things came to me about that story.

Mark Nowak has a similar thing in his book about a fictional account although it's also pieced together with three different sources.

I might try that both ways, just having the dramatic monologue, or taking the dramatic monologue with documents and text.

No comments:

Post a Comment