Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Days 28 and 29

Tuesday

A prolific morning in workshop, as my performative piece led me to making this (see below). I teamed with Celeste, a Clinical Kundalini Yogi, who could see what I did. My process of making bypassed my thought-brain to reveal the shapes and words of how I see myself. See the boxes? The language that is in my writing? Even when she was telling me what was right in front of me, my defenses kicked in a little. I then said, rubbish! I'm going to listen to everything she has to tell me. I'm so glad I did! The whole theme of my piece is about being BLOCKED! Even the bumper cars of thoughts that hit each other with nowhere to go! (I am sure Carrie has a lot to say, too, :) )


I performed what Celeste wrote as a type of ceremony to rid me of this, then crumbled it at the end. 


So I am seeking out ways to unblock my body / creativity for the rest of the week to move into a restorative practice. 


So my lesson learned is to continue listening for that unexpected teacher to come.


Of course, I will share more with all of you in person, folks and friends of Kansas, sometime this year. I am guessing July will be for family and the continued writing and typing out all of my journal notes. Thank you for reading! #SWP2023 #NaropaSWP

An amazing panel by Vincent Katz outlining the history of mimeo from the 60s and 70s, what you might otherwise call zines. Ronaldo Wilson  had a biotalk, discussing the use of persona. I'm honored to be able to catch these two! #SWP2023 #NaropaSWP

I worked on seven postcards and I worked on the poem based on the ritual of the movement music.

Wednesday 

Day off from naropa but just as important.

Went to my brother's bar where the Beats used to hang out and took a lot of footage there. I did some writing and reflection today. I went to Tattered Cover which is just across the street from Coors Field. I found rose quartz book a poems as I was holding my rose quartz.

I did more reflective writing and went to the Rockies game.




No comments:

Post a Comment