Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Day 15

 It rained all day, so we made plans to go to Fort collins. I visited Odell Brewery while the boys went to the library with Carrie. And we came back and had you need pie pie.

Found deer in our campsite.

Laundry this afternoon. 

Doing research and looking at the lineup at naropa again, I made notes about the things I've looked at throughout my time in Colorado so far. I just see all of the juxtapositions of even surface to what's Underground. Thinking of this theme of mining through the body and through the spine. Not as a physical manifestation but a spiritual one.

What is the role of the poet and how is the poet opposed by people who work in camping places, people who are camping out, people who are on vacation, people who are tourists, people who are locals, and so forth.

What about the people who are still working laboriously like miners?

Also, being away from Topeka I have these little signs from the books I've read through and places I'm looking at the Topeka project is more important or just as important. I will have to work on this simultaneously, but getting the documents about the toxic EPA sites of topeka, President Pierce proclamation, interweaving with all of the Abolitionist things, to make it more like a documentary Poetics project.

No comments:

Post a Comment